By Jobin Kuruvilla
This e-book is your one-stop source for studying JIRA extensions and customizations assessment expand and customise JIRA; paintings with customized fields, workflows, stories, instruments, JQL services, plugins, and extra customise the appear and feel of your JIRA consumer interface via including new tabs, internet goods and sections, drop down menus, and extra grasp JQL (JIRA question Language) that permits complicated looking out features during which clients can look for concerns of their JIRA example after which take advantage of all of the features of the problem navigator intimately JIRA offers factor monitoring and undertaking monitoring for software program improvement groups to enhance code caliber and the rate of improvement. "JIRA 5.x improvement Cookbook" is a one cease source to grasp extensions and customizations in JIRA. you are going to how you can create your individual JIRA plugins, customise the appear and feel of your JIRA UI, paintings with workflows, concerns, customized fields, and lots more and plenty extra. "JIRA 5.x improvement Cookbook" starts off with recipes on simplifying the plugin improvement procedure by way of an entire bankruptcy devoted to the plugin framework to grasp plugins in JIRA. Then we'll movement directly to writing customized box plugins to create new box varieties or customized searchers. We then how one can software and customise workflows to rework JIRA right into a consumer pleasant process. Reporting help in an software like JIRA is inevitable! With quite a bit info spanning throughout assorted tasks, concerns, etc, and many making plans performed for the venture, we'll conceal find out how to paintings on stories and instruments to get custom-made info in line with our wishes. we are going to then examine customizing some of the looking out points of JIRA corresponding to JQL, looking in plugins, coping with filters, etc. "JIRA 5.x improvement Cookbook" steers in the direction of programming concerns, akin to growing, enhancing, and deleting concerns, developing new factor operations, coping with some of the different operations to be had on concerns
By Christina Moulton
Making your first speedy app that makes use of an online carrier could be overwhelming. it sort of feels like any time you are attempting to determine it out you simply upload extra issues to benefit for your checklist: leisure, Alamofire, parsing JSON, OAuth, App delivery defense, atmosphere headers, … however it doesn’t must be complicated.
By Jeffery Way
Jeffrey manner provides an easy advisor to knowing HTML5 for the on a daily basis fashion designer or developer.
This ebook focuses much less at the politics of HTML5 (though it does contact on this), and extra at the how you can instantly combine HTML5 - and its buddies - into your internet projects.
Jeffrey method is likely one of the most well-liked internet improvement academics on the internet. he's the editor of Nettuts+, writer of 2 top-selling books, and is the pinnacle of net improvement classes at Tuts+ Premium.
Join Jeffrey as he jumps in and starts off deciphering HTML5.
By J. Chris Anderson, Jan Lehnardt, Noah Slater
Three of CouchDB's creators enable you to use this document-oriented database as a standalone program framework or with high-volume, allotted functions. With its easy version for storing, processing, and gaining access to information, CouchDB is perfect for internet functions that deal with large quantities of loosely established facts. That by myself could stretch the boundaries of a relational database, but CouchDB deals an open resource resolution that's trustworthy, scales simply, and responds speedy.
CouchDB works with self-contained info that has free or ad-hoc connections. It's a version that matches many real-world goods, equivalent to contacts, invoices, and receipts, yet you'll notice that this database can simply deal with facts of any variety. With this booklet, you'll easy methods to paintings with CouchDB via its RESTful internet interface, and familiarize yourself with key positive aspects comparable to uncomplicated rfile CRUD (create, learn, replace, delete), complex MapReduce, deployment tuning, and extra. * comprehend the fundamentals of document-oriented garage and manipulation * have interaction with CouchDB totally notwithstanding HTTP utilizing its RESTful interface * version info as self-contained JSON records * deal with evolving info schemas certainly * question and combination info in CouchDB utilizing MapReduce perspectives * reflect information among nodes * song CouchDB for elevated functionality and reliability
* Allen Holub is a very hot teacher for the college of California, Berkeley, Extension. He has taught on the grounds that 1982 on quite a few subject matters, together with Object-Oriented research and layout, Java, C++, C. Holub will use this booklet in his Berkeley Extension periods.
* Holub is a standard presenter on the software program improvement meetings and is Contributing Editor for the net journal JavaWorld, for whom he writes the Java Toolbox. He additionally wrote the OO layout approach column for IBM DeveloperWorks.
* This ebook isn't time-sensitive. it really is a really well-thought out method of studying layout styles, with Java because the instance platform, however the options awarded will not be restricted to simply Java programmers. it is a supplement to the Addison-Wesley seminal "Design styles" ebook by means of the "Gang of Four".
By G. Avola, Jon Raasch
Developers, here's what you want to migrate your abilities to mobile
If you're a loyal reader of Smashing journal, you recognize that each one improvement roads now bring about cellular, so desktop-browser-based internet builders have to wake up to hurry and shortly. commence migrating your talents to cellular with this exceptional e-book. It first is helping you're making the change to HTML5 and CSS3, sooner than educating you the way to use these abilities to construct web content that paintings throughout all cellular units and cellular browsers.
Topics contain utilizing wireframes and templates, knowing frameworks corresponding to jQuery cellular, getting in control on more recent applied sciences similar to Boilerplate, and more.
* crucial advisor for net builders who are looking to construct web pages that paintings throughout all cellular units and cellular browsers
* Explains the fundamental instruments you'll want for net cellular, together with HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery Mobile
* Brings you on top of things on more moderen instruments resembling Boilerplate
* retains your expert talents modern with today's expertise trends
By the time you end Smashing cellular net Development, you'll have equipped your individual cellular web site that comes with geolocation, social media, and more.
By Mike Wolfson, Donn Felker
Android improvement could be demanding, yet in the course of the potent use of Android Developer instruments (ADT), you may make the method more uncomplicated and increase the standard of your code. This concise advisor demonstrates the best way to construct apps with ADT for a tool relatives that includes a number of display sizes, varied services, and a various variety of resources.
With examples in home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, you’ll how you can organize an Android improvement surroundings and use ADT with the Eclipse IDE. additionally, contributor Donn Felker introduces Android Studio, a Google IDE that might ultimately exchange Eclipse.
- Learn tips on how to use Eclipse and ADT jointly to improve Android code
- Create emulators of varied sizes and configurations to check your code
- Master Eclipse instruments, or discover the recent Android Studio
- Use Logcat, Lint, and different ADT instruments to check and debug your code
- Simulate real-world occasions, together with place, sensors, and telephony
- Create dynamic and effective UIs, utilizing Graphical structure tools
- Monitor and optimize you program functionality utilizing DDMS, HierarchyViewer, and the Android display screen tool
- Use Wizards and shortcuts to generate code and picture assets
- Compile and package deal Android code with Ant and Gradle
By Cloves Carneiro Jr., Rida Al Barazi
Beginning Rails 3 is the sensible place to begin for an individual desirous to how to construct dynamic internet purposes utilizing the Rails framework for Ruby. you are going to find out how the entire parts of Rails healthy jointly and the way you could leverage them to create subtle net functions with much less code and extra joy.
This publication is especially compatible to these with very little event with net program improvement, or who've a few event yet are new to Rails. Beginning Rails 3 assumes uncomplicated familiarity with net phrases and applied sciences, yet does not require you to be a professional. instead of delving into the arcane information of Rails, the focal point is at the elements of the framework that may develop into your decide, shovel, and awl. half background lesson, half creation to object-oriented programming, and half dissertation on open resource software program, this name does not simply clarify the right way to do whatever in Rails, it explains why.
- Learn to create Rails internet functions from scratch
- Includes a steady creation to the Ruby programming language
- Completely up-to-date to incorporate the positive aspects of Rails three
By John Baichtal, Matthew Beckler, Adam Wolf
Make remarkable robots and devices with of today’s most well-liked DIY applied sciences. With this easy-to-follow advisor, you’ll the best way to construct units with Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0, the Arduino prototyping platform, and a few add-on elements to bridge the 2. Mindstorms on my own enables you to create really good contraptions. usher in Arduino for a few jaw-dropping functionality—and open a complete new international of possibilities.
Build a drink dispenser, track synthesizer, instant lamp, and more
Each enjoyable and engaging venture comprises step by step directions and transparent illustrations to lead you thru the method. tips on how to manage an Arduino programming surroundings, obtain the sketches and libraries you wish, and paintings with Arduino’s language for non-programmers. It’s an ideal e-book for college kids, lecturers, hobbyists, makers, hackers, and youngsters of all ages.
- Build a Drawbot that roams round and strains its direction with a marker pen
- Construct an analog Mindstorms clock with palms that demonstrate the proper time
- Create a computing device that combines a pitcher of chocolate milk on the contact of a button
- Make a Gripperbot rolling robot arm that you simply keep watch over wirelessly with Arduinos fastened in your arms
- Explore digital track through development a guitar-shaped Lego synthesizer
- Build a Lego lamp with on/off and dimmer switches that you just keep an eye on with a cellphone application
- Jump toes first into the realm of electronics, from studying Ohm’s legislation to operating with uncomplicated components
You'll want the Bricktronics defend created for this ebook via Open resource package maker Wayne and Layne, otherwise you can construct a breadboarded similar (see bankruptcy 10) for roughly $25 in parts.
Create and unharness the ability of neural networks by means of enforcing specialist Java code
About This Book
- Learn to construct remarkable tasks utilizing neural networks together with forecasting the elements and trend recognition
- Explore the Java multi-platform characteristic to run your individual neural networks everywhere
- This step by step advisor may help you clear up real-world difficulties and hyperlinks neural community idea to their application
Who This publication Is For
This ebook is for Java builders with easy Java programming wisdom. No past wisdom of neural networks is needed as this publication covers the techniques from scratch.
What you are going to Learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of neural networks and what they're used for
- Develop neural networks utilizing hands-on examples
- Explore and code the main widely-used studying algorithms to make your neural community study from so much different types of data
- Discover the facility of neural network's unsupervised studying procedure to extract the intrinsic wisdom hidden at the back of the data
- Apply the code generated in sensible examples, together with climate forecasting and development recognition
- Understand the best way to make the best option of studying parameters to make sure you have a more advantageous application
- Select and break up facts units into education, attempt, and validation, and discover validation strategies
- Discover how one can increase and optimize your neural network
Vast amounts of knowledge are produced each moment. during this context, neural networks develop into a strong strategy to extract worthwhile wisdom from quite a lot of uncooked, likely unrelated information. the most most popular languages for neural community programming is Java because it is less complicated to jot down code utilizing it, and many of the preferred neural community applications round exist already for Java. This makes it a flexible programming language for neural networks.
This publication can provide a whole walkthrough of the method of constructing easy to complex useful examples in keeping with neural networks with Java.
You will first research the fundamentals of neural networks and their technique of studying. We then specialize in what Perceptrons are and their gains. subsequent, you are going to enforce self-organizing maps utilizing the options you've gotten discovered. in addition, you are going to find out about many of the purposes which are offered during this publication equivalent to climate forecasting, disorder analysis, shopper profiling, and characters acceptance (OCR). ultimately, you are going to examine the right way to optimize and adapt neural networks in genuine time.
All the examples generated within the publication are supplied within the kind of illustrative resource code, which merges object-oriented programming (OOP) suggestions and neural community gains to augment your studying experience.
Style and approach
This booklet adopts a step by step method of neural community improvement and gives many hands-on examples utilizing Java programming. each one neural community inspiration is explored via real-world difficulties and is added in an easy-to-comprehend manner.